Sara Communication Initiative
The Sara Communication Initiative was developed in 10 countries of Eastern and Southern Africa, with UNICEF assistance. Educating adolescent girls and their parents about the importance of staying in school is one of the main messages of this lively radio series. Other issues such as sexual harassment, HIV/AIDS, early marriage, genital mutilation and girls’ domestic workload, are skilfully woven into the entertaining plots about Sara and her friends. In addition to the radio series, the initiative has developed animated films, comic books, storybooks, audiocassettes, posters and guides.
The link on this page is for the comic books only.
Date of Publication: September 30, 2021
- Lever les Tabous: La sexualité et les approches promouvant l’égalité des genres pour mettre fin aux unions et aux mariages d’enfants, précoces et forcés
- Prioritizing and Targeting SBC Investments for Youth
- Tackling the Taboo: Sexuality and Gender-Transformative Programmes to End Chlld, Early, and Forced Marriage and Unions
- Girl-Centered Program Design: A Toolkit to Develop, Strengthen and Expand Adolescent Girls Programs
- Child Marriage Theory of Change
- What does Child Marriage Mean for Girls?
- Solutions to End Child Marriage
- The Top 5 Things You Didn't Know About Child Marriage
- Child Marriage Facts and Figures
- Child Marriage Factsheets