4Play Sex Tips for Girls [TV Series]
4Play: Sex Tips for Girls is a South African television drama series produced by Quizzical Pictures. The drama delivers HIV/AIDS prevention messages as it deals with the realities of life for four thirty-something South African women living in Johannesburg and how they go about finding love, sex and relationships. It focuses on the hair and beauty salon of single mother and entrepreneur Noma and her girlfriends Nox, Danny, and Amira.
Each of the women has her own unique approach to love, sex and surviving in the city. Using world class actors, director, and writers, this award winning series was designed to “break through AIDS messaging fatigue” to deliver vital health messages via the medium of entertainment. The series was written and directed by women for women.
In 2011, the drama garnered seven South African Film and Television Award (SAFTA) nominations – the highest number for any television drama in that year’s awards.
Source: Johns Hopkins Health and Education South Africa (JHHESA)
Date of Publication: August 11, 2021
- Guidance for Providing Informed-Choice Counseling on Sexual Health for Women Interested in PrEP: Kenya and South Africa
- COVID-19 Communication Materials for the Americas
- Positive Series: Art for U=U Campaigns
- Considering Progestin-Only Injectables Where HIV Risk Is High: Counseling Tips
- Economic Empowerment: A Potential Pathway for Women and Girls to Gain Control Over Their Sexual and Reproductive Health
- PrEP Communications Accelerator
- Building Evidence to Guide PrEP Introduction for Adolescent Girls and Young Women
- Toolkit for Transition of Care and Other Services for Adolescents Living with HIV
- A Tool for Strengthening Gender-Sensitive National HIV and Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) M&E Systems
- Orientation Programme on Adolescent Health for Health-Care Providers