Adapting a Radio Magazine Program in a New Geography
This how-to guide is developed for program managers who want to implement radio magazine programs that have been proven to inspire behavior change around family planning.
The original radio programs were developed for specific Nigerian cities and States and are adaptable to other locations which may not be similar to the location and language of the original program. In NURHI 2, a radio magazine programme 'Ireti Eda', developed for Oyo was adapted for broadcast in Ogun and Ondo States and was proven successful in changing family planning intention to use in those States.
This was successful because the program manager followed a process of adaptation as highlighted in this how to guide.
- Economic Empowerment: A Potential Pathway for Women and Girls to Gain Control Over Their Sexual and Reproductive Health
- Guide de Formation Conseil Dépistage du VIH au niveau Communautaire: manuel à l'intention du personnel non médical
- Driving the HIV response: Community Guide to the WHO 2013 Consolidated Guidelines on the Use of Antiretroviral Drugs for Treating and Preventing HIV Infection
- COVID-19 Planning Guide for Adapting Risk Communication and Community Engagement as Public Health and Social Measures Shift: With Safety Tips for Conducting Community Meetings
- Community Communication MNCH e-Manual: Participatory Health Promotion Sessions
- Multi-Sector Partnerships for Preventing Violence
- HIV-Related Stigma and Discrimination Toolkit
- IPC for Immunization Toolkit
- Men's Reproductive Health Curriculum
- Adolescents Living with HIV (ALHIV) Toolkit