Bhanchhin Aama Radio Discussion Group Comic Book
These comic books are pictorial discussion guides for groups that directly link to the Bhanchhin Aama (‘Mother Knows Best’) radio program weekly radio drama and reinfoce the Suaahara program’s integrated nutrition messages and model behaviors. Each week, the radio programs’ characters, issues and messages are discussed at the community level in radio discussion groups that are facilitated by social mobilizers and the groups from existing groups whose members are all from marginalized groups.
The Bhanchhin Aama entertainment education radio program consists of two weekly programs. One is a 30-minute magazine-format (variety style) program which includes drama, vox pop, quiz and inspirational real stories. The second is a weekly program called “Hello Bhanchhin Aama” which is a recorded live call-in program where the trusted character of Bhancchin Aama answers real questions posed by the audience or helps them find the answers from experts.
Suaahara developed and broadcasts three separate programs in order to reach specific audiences and therefore there are three separate comic books.
Source: Johns Hopkins University Center for Communication Programs
Date of Publication: March 25, 2019
- Suaahara Training Guidelines and Participant Handbooks
- Family Planning Counselling Kit
- Men's Reproductive Health Curriculum
- GESI Toolkit
- Maternal Newborn Child Health - Nutrition Quality Improvement Tools
- Suaahara Health Facility Operation and Management Committee Capacity Building Training and Operation Guidelines
- Love, Children and Family Planning: Seven Discussion Guides for Christian Small Groups
- Training Resource for Male Condoms
- Community Group Engagement: Changing Norms to Improve Sexual and Reproductive Health
- Healthy Timing and Spacing of Pregnancy Fact Sheet