Callaloo Radio Drama
Callaloo is a locally-written and produced serial drama that depicts characters facing troubling changes and decisions relating to pressing issues of personal health and the health of their surrounding environment; issues that individuals living throughout the Caribbean are facing in their everyday lives.
This serial radio drama component of a PCI Media Impact’s larger My Island—My Community communications program.
As a strategic Communications for Behavior Change program, this program uses Callaloo as well as radio call-in shows and community mobilization campaigns to build knowledge, shift attitudes and change behaviors of their audience members around critical issues the Caribbean is facing. The three target issues discusses are:
- Increasing resilience to climate change in coastal communities by promoting natural solutions
- Conserving biodiversity by improving solid waste management practices
- Reducing HIV infection rates (particularly among youths) while increasing good practices relating to sexual and reproductive health
- COVID-19 Communication Materials for the Americas
- The Behavior Change Framework
- Water, Sanitation and Hygiene: 10 Reasons WASH is a Pathway to Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women and Girls
- Social Behavior Change Programming for Public Health Emergencies: Lessons Learned from the USAID Zika Response in Latin America and the Caribbean
- Accelerator Behaviors
- MULTI-SBC: The Programmatic Aid for Multi-Sectoral Integration of SBC for FP Practitioners
- Advancing Gender in The Environment: Gender in Fisheries—A Sea of Opportunities
- PHE Field Implementation: A Simple PHE Resource Guide/Compendium for Practitioners
- Harnessing the Power of Videos