My Island, My Community: Radio Call-In Guide
This guide was designed for radio station personnel involved in hosting a three part series of radio call-in shows designed to raise awareness around HIV/AIDS prevention in the Caribbean.
Three one-hour long magazines are hosted in each of the participating countries in the Caribbean with each magazine focused on a result area:
- Preventing HIV/AIDS infection and the role of consistent condom use
- Improving perceptions of HIV positive people and reducing stigma
- Improving attitudes about acceptability of seeking sexual health care and using contraceptives and sexual lubricants, amongst listeners.
The guide describes the intended audience, provides information that might come up in the course of the calls, provides key messages to convey to the audience, interesting facts, and questions for the audience, along with suggestions of whom the radio host might choose to interview.
More My Island My Community (Caribbean) resources
- Harnessing the Power of Videos
- Toolkit for Transition of Care and Other Services for Adolescents Living with HIV
- Positive Connections: Leading Information and Support Groups for Adolescents Living with HIV
- Driving the HIV response: Community Guide to the WHO 2013 Consolidated Guidelines on the Use of Antiretroviral Drugs for Treating and Preventing HIV Infection
- Adolescent HIV Testing, Counselling and Care
- Adolescents Living with HIV (ALHIV) Toolkit
- Ending the AIDS Epidemic for Adolescents, with Adolescents: A Practical Guide to Meaningfully Engage Adolescents in the AIDS Response
- Addressing the Needs of Young People Living with HIV
- Acting on the Call: Ending Preventable Child and Maternal Deaths
- Engaging Men in HIV and AIDS at the Service Delivery Level