Communication for Healthy Living (CHL): Mabrouk! Initiative Spacing Pamphlet
The CHL Mabrouk! Initiative in Egypt addressed the health needs of family members at pivotal life stages through highly-rated television programs, publicized mass wedding events, and community-based components supported by policy change and service delivery quality improvement. The Mabrouk! Initiative was part of the Communication for Healthy Living (CHL) project based in Egypt from 2003-2011.
This pamphlet provides information about spacing births between 3 and 5 years.
More than 1.28 million people were reached by CHL outreach. CCP also worked with CHL to build capacity for health communication among the public, nongovernmental organization (NGO) and private sectors in Egypt. JHU∙CCP has carried out work in the Middle East/North Africa region since 1988 with continuous involvement in family planning and reproductive health communication. CHL partners distributed 2.2 million Mabrouk booklets explaining important health information at key life events of marriage, childbirth, infant care, successful birth spacing and child-raising. Exposure to Mabrouk! messages were followed by significant increases in reproductive-health practices. Secondary analysis of DHS data shows the impact of CHL messaging: exposure to FP messages accounted for a 12 percentage-point difference in modern contraceptive method use and an 11.5 percentage-point difference in FP use after the birth of the first child.
Source: Johns Hopkins University Center for Communication Programs
Date of Publication: March 25, 2019
- FGM Infographics
- Entertainment-Education Curriculum
- Noora Health COVID-19 Resources
- Training Toolkit on MSM Programming for the MENA Region
- Guidelines for the Use of Antiretroviral Agents in HIV-1-Infected Adults and Adolescents
- The Behavior Change Framework
- The HTSP Implementation Kit
- Accelerator Behaviors
- Suaahara Training Guidelines and Participant Handbooks
- HTSP Online Course
- Communication for Healthy Living (CHL): Mabrouk! Initiative FP Services Pamphlet
- Communication for Healthy Living (CHL): Mabrouk! Initiative Family Health Pamphlet
- Communication for Healthy Living: Mabrouk! Initiative Newborn Pamphlet
- Communication for Healthy Living (CHL) Family Planning Flipchart
- Communication for Healthy Living (CHL): Ask, Consult Post Natal Care Pamphlet