Integrating Intersectionality in Work with Lesbian Women, Bisexual Women and Transwomen in Zimbabwe
This paper presents the work of Voice of the Voiceless (VOVO), a civil society organisation based in Bulawayo, Zimbabwe and development partner of Oxfam.
VOVO is working to integrate intersectionality in its work with lesbian women, bisexual women and trans-women (LBT). This work highlights the importance of using intersectional awareness to build bridges and form alliances in an effort to challenge the status quo in a country marred by a serious erosion of women's rights. However, the lessons learned from this experience challenge the conjuncture of identity politics and intersectionality, which is both essential yet problematic.
The paper emphasizes the need to understand that applying an intersectional lens is critical to avoid reinforcing the exclusions already faced by many women.
- Gender Norms, Intersectionality and Social Protection: In Conversation with UNICEF's Dr Zahrah Nesbitt-Ahmed
- Intersectionality: Race, Gender and Other Aspects of Identity in Social Work with Young People
- Women's Economic Empowerment and Domestic Violence: Links and lessons for Practitioners Working with Intersectional Approaches
- Engager les Communautes pour explorer les normes sociales- Engaging Communities in Exploring Social Norms: Learnings from the Social Norms Exploration Tool
- Map of Social Norms-focused Projects and Measurement Approaches
- The Health Stigma and Discrimination Framework: A Global, Crosscutting Framework to Inform Research, Intervention Development, and Policy on Health-related Stigmas
- Gender Implications for Extension and Advisory Services during COVID-19
- 10 Best Resources on Intersectionality with an Emphasis on Low- and Middle-Income Countries
- Gender Norms and the Coronavirus
- Manual on Social Norms and Change
- Building Gender Sensitive Resilience through Women's Economic Empowerment Lessons Learned from Pastoralist Women in Ethiopia
- Annotated Bibliography: The Intersecting Norms of Gender and Caste in South Asia
- The Reality of Intersectional Factors in Gender Inequality
- Radio Health Program (RHP) Distance Education (DE) Flexes
- Success Stories of Satisfied Family Planning Users, Nepal