A Safe School is a Cool School
This poster encourages Soul Buddyz Club kids to rate their own school in terms of safety, bullying, weapons, stealing, alcohol, drugs, disrespect, fights, hitting, and sexual harassment. It also provides steps for the students to take to make their school a safer place.
Also provided are an emergency childiine phone number as well as the police emergency phone number. Soul Buddyz is a multi media “edutainment” vehicle for children aged 8-12 years old designed to promote their health and well-being. Told through Television, Radio and print learner material, it closely reflects the lives, struggles and joys of 8 -12 year olds in our changing society. Soul Buddyz addresses issues of child sexual abuse, disabilities, road safety alcohol abuse and its effect on children, and HIV and AIDS, as perceived by children.
The Soul Buddyz Club is an innovative way of reaching children and helping them to take positive action in their own lives and communities. Soul Buddyz Club is the platform where children are exposed to positive peer interaction, imber.
Source: Soul City, SABC Education
Date of Publication: March 25, 2019
- Girl Safety Toolkit: A Resource for Practitioners
- Lever les Tabous: La sexualité et les approches promouvant l’égalité des genres pour mettre fin aux unions et aux mariages d’enfants, précoces et forcés
- Community Communication MNCH e-Manual: Participatory Health Promotion Sessions
- Community Counselor Training Manual: Doorways II
- Teacher Training Manual on Gender-Based Violence Prevention and Response: Doorways III
- Gender Equity and the COVID-19 Community Health Response Webinar
- The REPLACE Approach: Supporting Communities to End FGM
- Gender, Health and COVID-19
- Harnessing the Power of Videos
- Entertainment-Education Curriculum