Buddyz, Learn about Alcohol and Take Action
This guide for Soul Buddyz Clubs covers the issue of alcohol abuse and how to take action against it. The guide contains information and activities relating to the themes covered in the Soul Buddyz television drama so that messages are reinforcing.
Soul Buddyz is an entertainment education project that includes a television series as well as print material for grade school students and their parents. Soul Buddyz highlights the ability of children to jointly confront and manage problem situations in order to make a difference in their communities. Soul Buddyz addresses issues of child sexual abuse, disabilities, road safety alcohol abuse and its effect on children, and HIV and AIDS, as perceived by children. The Soul Buddyz Club is an innovative way of reaching children and helping them to take positive action in their own lives and communities.
Soul Buddyz Club is the platform where children are exposed to positive peer interaction, information about their health and rights, and fun and adventure to stimulate their growing minds. Materials include Soul Buddyz Club unit guides, posters, the club zone magazine and a parenting magazine. Soul Buddyz Clubs meet regularly to work through the materials supplied to them.
Source: Soul City, SABC Education
Date of Publication: March 25, 2019
- Community Communication MNCH e-Manual: Participatory Health Promotion Sessions
- COVID-19 Communication Materials for the Americas
- Guide to Strategic Communication Online
- Positive Connections: Leading Information and Support Groups for Adolescents Living with HIV
- Lever les Tabous: La sexualité et les approches promouvant l’égalité des genres pour mettre fin aux unions et aux mariages d’enfants, précoces et forcés
- Providing Reproductive Health Services to Young Married Women and First-time Parents in West Africa
- PrEP Communications Accelerator
- Driving the HIV response: Community Guide to the WHO 2013 Consolidated Guidelines on the Use of Antiretroviral Drugs for Treating and Preventing HIV Infection
- Harnessing the Power of Videos
- 14 Actions You Can Take Today to Adapt your Program for COVID-19: Recommendations from FP/RH Advisors