Community Radio Technical Manual
This is a resource to help community radio staff and volunteers. It can be used as a reference for technicians as they go about their day-to-day work, cleaning the studios and doing repairs. It can be used to train new people in the programming department – the many producers, newsreaders, presenters and DJs who will operate the studios. It helps the user to develop studios, especially in relation to new digital technologies. Included are prices and costs to be used for budgeting purposes (please note that the publication date of this manual is 2002).
The manual also aims to demystify studio equipment – to help the user understand how to use studios properly and to give the user the confidence to experiment.
Source: National Community Radio Forum, Open Society Foundation for South Africa
Date of Publication: March 25, 2019
- Community Communication MNCH e-Manual: Participatory Health Promotion Sessions
- The ECHO Study Report
- Creating Mobile Health Solutions for Behaviour Change: A Study of Eight Services in the mNutrition Initiative Portfolio
- COVID-19 Communication Materials for the Americas
- Guidance for Providing Informed-Choice Counseling on Sexual Health for Women Interested in PrEP: Kenya and South Africa
- COVID-19 Guide for Community Health Workers
- Advocating for Change for Adolescents’ Toolkit
- Birth Spacing and Family Welfare Sermons
- FGM Infographics
- Guide to Strategic Communication Online