Generation Skillz Coach’s Guide, v.2.3
Generation SKILLZ is a culture, mindset, and toolkit for educators to use when teaching young people about HIV/AIDS and life skills. Generation SKILLZ creates simple and powerful connections between soccer and life. The SKILLZ approach helps young people have relevant and important discussions about life, take small steps to achieve their goals, stay strong when faced with challenges, and protect themselves and others from HIV and AIDS.
The Generation SKILLZ Coach’s Guide is a cutting edge, youth-based and evidence-supported interactive HIV prevention and life skills curriculum designed for South African youth aged 15-19 years. Young adult educators called “SKILLZ Coaches” deliver the curriculum in various settings including schools and other youth groups.
This 11-practice intervention uses soccer language, metaphors, and activities to address key behaviors that drive the spread of HIV in southern Africa including multiple sexual partners, older sexual partners, and gender-based violence. Also included is the intervention overview.
Source: Grassroot Soccer
Date of Publication: March 25, 2019
- Community Communication MNCH e-Manual: Participatory Health Promotion Sessions
- Grassroot Soccer SKILLZ COVID-19 Response Curriculum
- Toolkit for Transition of Care and Other Services for Adolescents Living with HIV
- Men's Reproductive Health Curriculum
- Positive Connections: Leading Information and Support Groups for Adolescents Living with HIV
- Love, Children and Family Planning: Seven Discussion Guides for Christian Small Groups
- Adolescents Living with HIV (ALHIV) Toolkit
- Harnessing the Power of Videos
- Guidance for Providing Informed-Choice Counseling on Sexual Health for Women Interested in PrEP: Kenya and South Africa
- Orientation Programme on Adolescent Health for Health-Care Providers