HIV Information Booklet for Young People [Nigeria]
This information booklet and discussion guide for young people is designed to allow in-school youths, learning about the health risks involved in pre-marital sex from Youth Peer Facilitators (YPF), to identify with the characters and improve their life skills.
The topics and concepts of this booklet are drawn from studies conducted with youth in Kogi and Cross River States of Nigeria. The issues highlighted in the booklet, extracted from stories told in studies conducted in these locations, revolve around young people’s ability to abstain or delay pre-marital sex in order to reduce their risk of HIV infection.
The booklet contains two stories, one from a teenage girl and one from a teenage boy, each followed by questions and talking points for peer-led discussion.
Source: FHI 360
Date of Publication: March 25, 2019
- Toolkit for Transition of Care and Other Services for Adolescents Living with HIV
- Positive Connections: Leading Information and Support Groups for Adolescents Living with HIV
- Love, Children and Family Planning: Seven Discussion Guides for Christian Small Groups
- Adolescents Living with HIV (ALHIV) Toolkit
- COVID-19 Communication Materials for the Americas
- Community Communication MNCH e-Manual: Participatory Health Promotion Sessions
- Films about Coronavirus
- Optimizing Entry Into and Retention in HIV Care and ART Adherence for PLWHA
- Harnessing the Power of Videos
- Engaging Men in HIV and AIDS at the Service Delivery Level