Long Acting & Permanent Method (LAPM) TV Spot
In Bangladesh, the Directorate of Family Planning and Mayer Hashi (Mother’s smile) project have jointly undertaken this campaign initiative to increase the use of long acting and permanent (LAPM) methods, raise awareness about the importance of post partum family planning, and sensitize young married couples (YMCs) about the need to use family planning and increase the acceptability of LA methods among them in the context of informed choice.
The national LAPM campaign was developed to position LAPM as a method of choice for those men and women who would like to opt for longer spacing and limiting, and designed to support and reinforce the local level campaign messages. This 1 minute TV spot with LAPM positioning message, as well as a poster and a six-episode reality show were developed, internally reviewed, tested, and aired through television channels.
Source: Bangladesh Center for Communication Programs (BCCP)
Date of Publication: March 25, 2019
- Men's Reproductive Health Curriculum
- Family Planning Counselling Kit
- Beyond the ABCs of FTPs: A Deep Dive into Emerging Considerations for First Time Parent Programs
- Family Planning Discussion Topics for Voluntary Counseling and Testing
- Healthy Timing and Spacing of Pregnancy Fact Sheet
- Zika and Pregnancy: Questions and Answers