Malaria Interactive Voice Response Curriculum and User Guide – Nigeria
Nigeria imposed a country-wide lockdown at the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic. Programs suspended important social and behavior change (SBC) interventions for malaria prevention and treatment, like household visits, compound meetings, and community dialogues.
To restart the activities, community-based volunteers and supervisors needed to be oriented about social and behavior change (SBC) implementation in the COVID-19 context. Funded by the U.S. President’s Malaria Initiative, Breakthrough ACTION-Nigeria used an innovative, cost-efficient approach to re-orient community volunteers (who carry out community SBC interventions) and local government area supervisors (who oversee project implementation at the community level).
The project leveraged interactive voice response (IVR) technology on mobile phones to deliver training curriculum to 76 local government area supervisors across 11 states, thereby avoiding physical gatherings of people from many localities within each state.
Source: Breakthrough ACTION/Johns Hopkins Center for Communication Programs
Date of Publication: July 13, 2021
- Creating Mobile Health Solutions for Behaviour Change: A Study of Eight Services in the mNutrition Initiative Portfolio
- Interactive Voice Response and Radio for Peacebuilding: A Macro View of the Literature and Experiences from the Field
- Why is IVR Important?
- mHealth Mobile Messaging Toolkit: Considerations When Selecting a Mobile Messaging Platform Vendor
- Community Communication MNCH e-Manual: Participatory Health Promotion Sessions
- Nigeria Centre for Disease Control COVID-19 Resource Center
- Local Media and Community Engagement in Humanitarian Settings
- A Guide to WHO’s Guidance on COVID-19
- Malaria Social and Behaviour Change Program Guidance in the Context of COVID-19 Pandemic
- Community-Based Health and First Aid COVID-19 Manuals
- Messages for Interactive Voice Response, Nigeria
- COVID-19 Interactive Voice Response Audio and Scripts
- Malaria Social and Behaviour Change during COVID-19 Case Study: The Mobile Classroom, Nigeria
- Malaria Social and Behaviour Change during COVID-19 Case Study: The Call of the Trumpet, Ethiopia
- Use of an Interactive Voice Response System to Deliver Refresher Training in Senegal: Findings from Pilot Implementation and Assessment