Malaria Social and Behaviour Change during COVID-19 Case Study: The Call of the Trumpet, Ethiopia
The COVID-19 pandemic has wreaked havoc on malaria control and elimination efforts. Modeling predictions suggested the annual malaria death toll in sub-Saharan Africa could double because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The World Health Organization (WHO) urged countries not to scale back their planned malaria prevention, diagnostic, and treatment activities during the COVID-19 pandemic or the gains made in saving lives from malaria and other diseases over the past 20 years may be lost.
Malaria SBC programs had to think afresh and re-strategize to tackle new limitations to reach audiences and convince them to change their behaviors to prevent and manage malaria. Malaria SBC workers increased their efforts while also closely following COVID-19 guidelines.
This Ethiopia case study offers insight into leveraging community members’ existing social capital to reinforce insecticide-treated net use and prompt care-seeking for fever during COVID-19. They literally blew trumpets to drive home their messages.
- Malaria Social and Behaviour Change during COVID-19 Case Study: Click, Share, Engage
- Interactive Voice Response and Radio for Peacebuilding: A Macro View of the Literature and Experiences from the Field
- Creating Mobile Health Solutions for Behaviour Change: A Study of Eight Services in the mNutrition Initiative Portfolio
- Malaria Social and Behaviour Change during the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Health-protective Behaviour, Social Media Usage and Conspiracy Belief during the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency
- Measures to Ensure the Continuity of the Response to Malaria in the Americas during the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Malaria Social and Behaviour Change Program Guidance in the Context of COVID-19 Pandemic
- SBCC for Malaria in Pregnancy: Strategy Development Guidance
- Why is IVR Important?
- mHealth Mobile Messaging Toolkit: Considerations When Selecting a Mobile Messaging Platform Vendor
- Malaria Social and Behaviour Change during COVID-19 Case Study: The Mobile Classroom, Nigeria
- COVID-19 Interactive Voice Response Audio and Scripts
- Malaria Social and Behaviour Change during COVID-19 Case Study: Inside the Jungle, Cambodia
- Malaria Interactive Voice Response Curriculum and User Guide- Nigeria
- Messages for Interactive Voice Response, Nigeria