Obstetric Fistula Picture Book
This picture book is designed to support health service providers and field-level workers in raising awareness among local leaders and the general population about obstetric fistula and engaging these audiences in the effort to prevent obstetric fistula and improve maternal health in their communities.
The book is divided into three sections:
- Section 1 describes the tragic story of 14 year old Fatema. The story is intended to be used in stimulating discussion about the factors contributing to Fatema’s tragedy.
- Section 2 describes what an obstetric fistula is and how an obstetric fistula develops.
- Section 3 focuses on how obstetric fistula can be prevented. It describes important actions that women, families, and communities can take to ensure that women go through pregnancy safely.
Date of Publication: March 25, 2019
- Family Planning Discussion Topics for Voluntary Counseling and Testing
- Obstetric Fistula: Guiding Principles for Clinical Management and Program Development
- Antiretroviral Therapy for HIV Infection in Infants and Children: Recommendations for a Public Health Approach
- IPC for Immunization Toolkit
- Interpersonal Communication for Immunization (IPC-I)
- Guidelines for the Use of Antiretroviral Agents in HIV-1-Infected Adults and Adolescents
- Zika and Pregnancy: Questions and Answers
- Love, Children and Family Planning: Seven Discussion Guides for Christian Small Groups
- Healthy Timing and Spacing of Pregnancy Fact Sheet
- Family Planning Counselling Kit