Trainer Manual – Counseling on Infant and Young Child Feeding at a Health Facility
Alive and Thrive is an initiative in Vietnam aimed at improving infant and young child feeding by increasing rates of exclusive breastfeeding and improving complementary feeding practices. – See more at: /project-examples/dads-can-do-toolkit#sthash.HrdiH0dM.dpuf
Alive & Thrive is an initiative in Vietnam aimed at improving infant and young child feeding by increasing rates of exclusive breastfeeding and improving complementary feeding practices.
This manual is designed for use by trainers to prepare health-facility workers to deliver good quality IYCF counseling services. This manual offers an overview of IYCF, nutrition and health care for pregnant women and lactating mothers, breastfeeding, complementary feeding, hygiene, and child feeding during illness. The manual’s principal purpose is to provide essential counseling and communication skills to health workers who are responsible for the direct provision of IYCF counseling services at health facilities. The accompanying handbook is a reference for participants on topics discussed in the training.
Source: Alive & Thrive
Date of Publication: August 16, 2021
- Infant and Young Child Feeding Recommendations When COVID-19 is Suspected or Confirmed
- Training Tools: Providing Family Planning and Reproductive Health to Young Married Women and First-Time Parents in West Africa
- Small Group Facilitation for Young Married Women and First-time Parents in West Africa: Training for Facilitators
- Guidance on Developing a National Deployment and Vaccination Plan for COVID-19 Vaccines
- Community-Based Health and First Aid COVID-19 Manuals
- Interpersonal Communication for Immunization (IPC-I)
- Make Me a Change Agent
- The REPLACE Approach: Supporting Communities to End FGM
- Conversations to Build Trust in Vaccination: A Training Module for Health Workers
- Saving Newborn Lives: Champions Toolkit