ANC-IPTp Promotion Poster [Mozambique]
In 2012, as part of its support to the MoH community health program in the Inhambane province of Mozambique, Malaria Consortium provided a refresher training to hundreds of community health workers focused on the promotion of antenatal care services, including the prevention of malaria during pregnancy, and interpersonal communication and counselling skills. Very few quality materials exist to promote and market IPTp services, while community health workers consistently request for visual materials to help them in their efforts to communicate with community members.
This poster was developed to fill this gap. This poster was designed to be used by community health workers as a counselling tool to promote and discuss ANC services and malaria prevention with pregnant women and their families. It presents a sequence of ANC visits linked to specific malaria prevention services received by pregnant women.
There are images of the different stages of the pregnancy (belly growing bigger) which are easier for the women to recognize and identify with than months or weeks of pregnancy, as confirmed during pre-test. The poster also features the “promised positive outcome” of the recommended visits in words (title says: go to ANC, the mother will be stronger and the new-born healthy) and images: healthy mother and baby.
Source: Malaria Consortium
Date of Publication: March 25, 2019
- SBCC for Malaria in Pregnancy: Strategy Development Guidance
- Infant and Young Child Feeding Recommendations When COVID-19 is Suspected or Confirmed
- Community Communication MNCH e-Manual: Participatory Health Promotion Sessions
- Promoting Uptake of Intermittent Preventive Treatment of Malaria in Pregnancy
- IPC for Immunization Toolkit
- Questions and Answers about Breastfeeding and COVID-19
- Interpersonal Communication for Immunization (IPC-I)
- Talking to Children about Illness and Death of a Loved One during the COVID-19 Pandemic
- COVID-19 in Pregnancy and Lactation
- Family Planning Discussion Topics for Voluntary Counseling and Testing