Empathy: The Human Connection to Patient Care
This video walks the view through a hospital and offers “bubbles” of information over the heads of hsopital staff, family members and patients so that the medical professionals get a better idea of their fears, thoughts, and hopes. It was shown by the CEO of the Cleveland Clinic to a general meeting of staff in 2013.
The video ends with the question, “If you could feel what they feel,, hear what they hear, see what they see, would you treat them differently?”
Source: Cleveland Clinic
Date of Publication: March 25, 2019
- Family Planning Global Handbook
- Empathy – How to Improve Your Designs by Developing Empathy for Your Target Group
- WHO Pregnancy Management in the Context of Zika Virus
- What Does it Take? Operational, Cultural, and Structural Ingredients Necessary to Design for Girl-Centered Care
- What is Human-Centered Design?
- Principles of Human-Centered Design
- What is Design Thinking?
- The Four Voices of Design
- The Story of Co-Design
- Human-Centered Design - TED Talk by David Kelley