Essential Malaria Actions for Ethiopian Families: Message Tool
The Malaria Prevention Campaign, launched in Oromia Region of Ethiopia recognized communities for taking specific actions to combat malaria. The focus of the campaign was around small, doable actions that families carry out to protect themselves against malaria. The community volunteers under direction from the Community Mobilization Committee (CMC) energized and supported their communities, families, and schools to take the actions necessary to prevent malaria.
This tool sets out Eight Essential Malaria Actions (EMAs) that were to be the foundation for all IEC/BCC activities and projects in the Ethiopian Malaria Prevention Program. The tool is intended to increase the effectiveness of behavior change communication (BCC) messages on malaria prevention, through harmonized message delivery across all implementing organizations.
The tool includes many questions and answers, illustrations, and diagrams, as well as a list of malaria symptoms.
Source: FHI 360
Date of Publication: March 25, 2019
- Community Communication MNCH e-Manual: Participatory Health Promotion Sessions
- Advocating for Change for Adolescents’ Toolkit
- Advocating for Social and Behavior Change in Family Planning Programs: A Message Framework
- COVID-19 Guide for Community Health Workers
- FGM Infographics
- Driving the HIV response: Community Guide to the WHO 2013 Consolidated Guidelines on the Use of Antiretroviral Drugs for Treating and Preventing HIV Infection
- The (re)solve Project
- Creating Mobile Health Solutions for Behaviour Change: A Study of Eight Services in the mNutrition Initiative Portfolio
- Guidance for Providing Informed-Choice Counseling on Sexual Health for Women Interested in PrEP: Kenya and South Africa
- Birth Spacing and Family Welfare Sermons
- Perceptions Regarding Healthy and Unhealthy Families: Formative Research Findings, Malawi
- Family Planning and Reproductive Health Message Guide: Healthy Actions for Ethiopian Families!
- How to Become a Champion Community: Campaign Guide [Ethiopia]
- Addis and Gutema Protect their Family Against Malaria [Flipchart]
- Malaria Poster [Ethiopia]