Maternal and Child Health Videos
This is a video series developed for pregnant women and their families promoting relevant behaviors related to maternal and newborn health. Several issues including postnatal care, essential newborn care, family planning, immunization as well as malaria prevention and treatment are discussed through the six-part series.
The series contains different testimonials of individuals and couples whose stories inspire change. The video series is appropriate for group viewing and inciting discussions on different platforms where pregnant women and/or their husbands come together such as the maternity waiting homes where pregnant women check in two to three weeks before their due date until they give birth. The videos are accompanied by a Discussion Guide.
- Beyond the ABCs of FTPs: A Deep Dive into Emerging Considerations for First Time Parent Programs
- Zika and Pregnancy: Questions and Answers
- Healthy Timing and Spacing of Pregnancy Fact Sheet
- Factors Impacting Use of Health Services by First-time/Young parents: A Formative Research Toolkit
- “Because my Husband and I Have Never Had a Baby Before…” Results and Lessons from Interventions with First-Time Parents in Madagascar, Mozambique, and Nigeria
- Questions and Answers about Breastfeeding and COVID-19
- Evidence to Action (E2A) Project's First-Time Parent Framework
- Early Estimates of the Indirect Effects of the COVID-19 Pandemic on Maternal and Child Mortality in Low-income and Middle-income Countries: a Modelling Study
- Talking to Children about Illness and Death of a Loved One during the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Prioritizing and Targeting SBC Investments for Youth