National Survey and Segmentation of Smallholder Households in Nigeria
To better understand the needs and aspirations of smallholder families in Nigeria, CGAP conducted a nationally representative survey of smallholder households between November 2016 and March 2017 in close collaboration with the Nigeria National Bureau of Statistics, local stakeholders in Nigeria, and InterMedia. This study sought to create a comprehensive map of the many activities, interests, barriers, and pressures smallholder households face.
The questionnaire also explored nonagricultural household activities, financial practices and interests, and the difficulties and aspirations of smallholder families. The study sought to answer the following questions:
- What does the community of practice need to know or do to help smallholder farmer households build resilient and productive livelihoods?
- How can financial mechanisms respond to the relevant needs and desires of smallholder households?
- What types of market strategies and approaches can cultivate uptake and use of financial mechanisms?
This report shares the findings, observations, and insights from the National Survey of Smallholder Households in Nigeria.
Date of Publication: March 25, 2019
- How Businesses Can Invest in Women and Realize Returns
- Desk Review of Programs Integrating Family Planning with Food Security and Nutrition
- Integrating Family Planning into Other Development Sectors
- Essential Considerations for Engaging Men and Boys for Improved Family Planning Outcomes
- Guidance for the Homeless
- Accelerating Behavior Change in Nutrition-Sensitive Agriculture
- Social and Behaviour Change — Insights and Practice
- Prioritizing and Targeting SBC Investments for Youth
- Reduction of HIV-related Stigma and Discrimination
- Audience Segmentation Guide
- National Survey and Segmentation of Smallholder Households in Bangladesh
- Provider Survey and Segmentation Findings
- Beyond Bias: Provider Survey and Segmentation Findings
- Increasing Contraceptive Use in Niger: Final Report 2015
- Elavoration d'un protocole de surveillance au niveau des abattoirs des maladies prioritaires y compris les zoonoses