Pictorial Book – Nutrition messages
Suaahara was a five year (2011-2016) project funded by USAID aimed to improve the nutritional status of women and children in 41 districts of Nepal. The project focused on improving health and nutrition behaviors at the household level through promotion of Essential Nutrition and Hygiene Actions (EN/HA), particularly Maternal, Infant and Young Child Nutrition (MIYCN), and addressing other determinants of under-nutrition, such as availability of and access to food, hygiene, quality of health care, child spacing and socio-cultural factors including gender and marginalization.
Suaahara was implemented by a consortium of partner organizations led by Save the Children.
The SBCC strategy established an internal quality materials review and production system to ensure that all partners in the consortium had mutually reinforcing, quality materials developed, pretested, produced and disseminated to the end user.
Suaahara developed this Pictorial Book reflecting nutrition messages indicated in the 6-days Maternal, Infant and Young Child Nutrition (MIYCN) training or Facilitator’s Guidebook on Behavior Change Communication (BCC) to improve Maternal, Infant and Young Child Nutrition. FCHVs through basic theory, micro level teaching and hands-on practice by training participants, this pictorial book was used as an supplementary and support material to apply the knowledge and skills to help mothers/caregivers optimally feed their infants and young children, and to care for their own nutritional needs.
Source: Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health/ Center for Communication Programs
Date of Publication: March 25, 2019
- Suaahara Training Guidelines and Participant Handbooks
- Suaahara Health Facility Operation and Management Committee Capacity Building Training and Operation Guidelines
- GESI Toolkit
- Maternal Newborn Child Health - Nutrition Quality Improvement Tools
- Community Communication MNCH e-Manual: Participatory Health Promotion Sessions
- Family Planning Counselling Kit
- Infection Control Symbol Templates
- 18F Methods Cards
- The HTSP Implementation Kit
- The Future of Malaria Social and Behavior Change Communication