The aim of this app is to give health workers – particularly those in remote rural areas – a tool that helps to get patients quick and efficient specialist care. The app was initially only for ophthalmology referrals, but it quickly became clear that the functionality provided by Vula was widely needed. The app allows primary healthcare workers to gather information about a patient, and then send referrals directly to medical specialists.
Specialists from several different fields donated their time to work with the Vula team to design functionality for their own specialties. Vula added cardiology, orthopedics and burns in April 2016. The number of health workers registered on Vula more than doubled from 1,775 at the beginning of January 2017, to more than 3,600 a year later.
For HIV, the app has a referrals form which captures clinical conditions, CD4 count and viral load, as well as ART history. There are also forms that capture patient details in the areas of obstetrics and gynecology.
- RapidPro Software
- Family Planning Global Handbook
- My Voice Service Improvement Platform
- WASH FIT / WASH FIT Mobile
- WHO Pregnancy Management in the Context of Zika Virus
- Zika and Pregnancy: Questions and Answers
- Dengue Clinical Case Management Online Course
- Hormonal Contraception and HIV- Technical Update
- Men's Reproductive Health Curriculum