Community Conversation Toolkit for HIV Prevention – Dialogue Badges
Materials in this toolkit include a facilitator’s guide, community mobilizer’s cards, roleplay cards, storytelling finger puppets, promotional proverbs and best kept secrets throw boxes, promotional playing cards, and dialogue buttons. These formats are designed to mobilize adults aged 20 and above in communities to take action toward HIV prevention.
The toolkit is intended to complement existing HIV prevention activities and address several key drivers: concurrency, cross-generational sex, gender-based violence, and alcohol abuse. Each material in the toolkit was tested with community mobilizers and men and women ages 20 and above in community. Sixty-nine focus group discussions and 34 in-depth interviews were conducted with men and women and with trained community facilitators who lead discussions using the materials. The toolkit has also been adapted in Lesotho, Nigeria, and Swaziland and is available in 10 languages.
These dialogue badges are made to be pinned on clothing and show that the wearer is involved in HIV prevention. It is also meant to start discussion about HIV prevention.
Source: FHI 360
Date of Publication: March 25, 2019
- Love, Children and Family Planning: Seven Discussion Guides for Christian Small Groups
- Driving the HIV response: Community Guide to the WHO 2013 Consolidated Guidelines on the Use of Antiretroviral Drugs for Treating and Preventing HIV Infection
- Adolescents Living with HIV (ALHIV) Toolkit
- Community Communication MNCH e-Manual: Participatory Health Promotion Sessions
- IPC for Immunization Toolkit
- Bringing the Community Together to Plan for Disease Outbreaks and Other Emergencies
- Interpersonal Communication for Immunization (IPC-I)
- Guidance for Providing Informed-Choice Counseling on Sexual Health for Women Interested in PrEP: Kenya and South Africa
- Toolkit for Transition of Care and Other Services for Adolescents Living with HIV
- HIV-Related Stigma and Discrimination Toolkit
- Community Conversation Toolkit for HIV Prevention - Facilitator's Guide
- Community Conversation Toolkit for HIV Prevention - Puppets
- Journey of Hope: A Practical Guide for Making Positive Life Choices - Haiti User's Guide
- Go Girls! Community Success Stories
- Oblulamu Integrated Life-cycle Based Health Campaign