Community Conversation Toolkit for HIV Prevention – Playing Cards
These playing cards are part of the Community Conversation toolkit. The toolkit also includes a facilitator’s guide, community mobilizer’s cards, storytelling finger puppets, promotional proverbs and best kept secrets throw boxes, promotional playing cards, and dialogue buttons. These formats are designed to mobilize adults aged 20 and above in communities to take action toward HIV prevention.
The toolkit is intended to complement existing HIV prevention activities and address several key drivers: concurrency, cross-generational sex, gender-based violence, and alcohol abuse. Each material in the toolkit was tested with community mobilizers and men and women ages 20 and above in community. Sixty-nine focus group discussions and 34 in-depth interviews were conducted with men and women and with trained community facilitators who lead discussions using the materials. The toolkit has also been adapted in Lesotho, Nigeria, and Swaziland and is available in 10 languages.
These sets of playing cards are used as conversation starters in community mobilization settings and activities. Each card has a question about HIV.
Source: FHI 360
Date of Publication: March 25, 2019
- Bringing the Community Together to Plan for Disease Outbreaks and Other Emergencies
- Driving the HIV response: Community Guide to the WHO 2013 Consolidated Guidelines on the Use of Antiretroviral Drugs for Treating and Preventing HIV Infection
- Religious Leaders Play Key Role in Battle against COVID-19
- Adolescents Living with HIV (ALHIV) Toolkit
- Participation Guide: Involving Those Directly Affected in Health and Development Communication Programs
- Toolkit for Transition of Care and Other Services for Adolescents Living with HIV
- Malaria Case Management: Monitoring and Evaluation for SBCC
- Love, Children and Family Planning: Seven Discussion Guides for Christian Small Groups
- SBCC for Malaria in Pregnancy: Strategy Development Guidance
- PrEP Communications Accelerator
- Community Conversation Toolkit for HIV Prevention - Facilitator's Guide
- Community Conversation Toolkit for HIV Prevention - Dialogue Badges
- Community Conversation Toolkit for HIV Prevention - Puppets
- Community Conversation Toolkit - Community Mobilizer's Guide
- Community Conversation Toolkit Discussion Cubes