Community Conversation Toolkit for HIV Prevention – Puppets
Materials in this toolkit include a facilitator’s guide, community mobilizer’s cards, roleplay cards, storytelling finger puppets, promotional proverbs and best kept secrets throw boxes, promotional playing cards, and dialogue buttons. These formats are designed to mobilize adults aged 20 and above in communities to take action toward HIV prevention.
The toolkit is intended to complement existing HIV prevention activities and address several key drivers: concurrency, cross-generational sex, gender-based violence, and alcohol abuse. Each material in the toolkit was tested with community mobilizers and men and women ages 20 and above in community. Sixty-nine focus group discussions and 34 in-depth interviews were conducted with men and women and with trained community facilitators who lead discussions using the materials. The toolkit has also been adapted in Lesotho, Nigeria, and Swaziland and is available in 10 languages.
These puppets are meant to be given to people in a discussion group. Then the participants are asked to use the characters to create stories about HIV.
Source: FHI 360
Date of Publication: March 25, 2019
- Love, Children and Family Planning: Seven Discussion Guides for Christian Small Groups
- Driving the HIV response: Community Guide to the WHO 2013 Consolidated Guidelines on the Use of Antiretroviral Drugs for Treating and Preventing HIV Infection
- Adolescents Living with HIV (ALHIV) Toolkit
- IPC for Immunization Toolkit
- Bringing the Community Together to Plan for Disease Outbreaks and Other Emergencies
- Interpersonal Communication for Immunization (IPC-I)
- Guidance for Providing Informed-Choice Counseling on Sexual Health for Women Interested in PrEP: Kenya and South Africa
- Toolkit for Transition of Care and Other Services for Adolescents Living with HIV
- Joint WHO/ILO Guidelines on Post-Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP) to Prevent HIV Infection
- Antiretroviral Therapy for HIV Infection in Infants and Children: Recommendations for a Public Health Approach
- Community Conversation Toolkit for HIV Prevention - Facilitator's Guide
- Community Conversation Toolkit for HIV Prevention - Dialogue Badges
- Journey of Hope: A Practical Guide for Making Positive Life Choices - Haiti User's Guide
- Community Conversation Toolkit for HIV Prevention - Playing Cards
- Oblulamu Integrated Life-cycle Based Health Campaign