Covid-19: Rumours in the Camps
This brief focuses on Covid-19 rumours circulating in the Rohingya camps of Cox’s Bazar. It explores some of the more common rumours, discusses sources and formats of information, presents community perspectives about rumours and communication, and suggests approaches to communicating with the Rohingya community about COVID-19.
Source: BBC Media Action, Translators without Borders
Date of Publication: May 11, 2021
- Skills Sessions: Rumour-tracking
- How Your Community can Prevent the Spread of COVID-19
- Anti-Virus: The Covid-19 FAQ
- YouTube as a Source of Information on COVID-19: A Pandemic of Misinformation?
- Safe Ramadan Practices in the Context of the COVID-19: Interim Guidance
- Real-Time Rumor Tracking for COVID-19: System Design and Implementation Guide
- Systematic Literature Review on the Spread of Health-related Misinformation on Social Media
- Feedback Starter Kit
- Combating the Disinfodemic: Working for Truth in the Time of COVID-19
- FEMA Coronavirus Rumor Control