Innovation Brief: Leveraging Technology to Develop and Test Family Planning Mass Media Campaigns in Niger and Cote D’Ivoire
The use of technology for Family Planning (FP) mass media provides an opportunity to reach a large number of people with appropriate FP information, often at national scale, and allows messages to be adjusted and improved quickly based on real-time feedback.
Using technology for developing and testing FP mass media campaigns also provides users with a safe and anonymous space to interact when they are free. This is a particularly important factor in contexts where FP is a taboo subject, especially among certain populations.
The aim of this brief is to present an overview of two uses of technology (interactive voice response (IVR) and Facebook) for FP mass media campaigns in Niger and Côte d’Ivoire (CDI), the challenges and benefits of using technology, and considerations for future use.
Source: Population Services International
Date of Publication: March 1, 2021
- Innovation Brief: Engaging Influencers and Non-Traditional Actors in Participatory Processes for Family Planning Program Design
- Innovation Brief: Breaking Down Barriers to Family Planning Access by Engaging Agents of Change
- Innovation Brief: Translating Audience Segmentation Data into Family Planning Programmatic Action
- Innovation Brief: Identifying Power Dynamics Among Target Audiences and Influencers in the Project Design Process
- Birth Spacing and Family Welfare Sermons
- Improving Interpersonal Communication Between Health Care Providers and Clients
- Ecological Models
- Social and Behavior Change Research Spotlights
- Informing Social and Behavior Change Programs using Social Listening and Social Monitoring
- Evidence Review and Analysis of Provider Behavior Change Opportunities: Literature Review
- Innovation Brief: Insights from Model Providers in Cote d'Ivoire to Strengthen Voluntary Family Planning Service Delivery
- Innovation Brief: Model Provider Research Approach to Identify Barriers and Facilitators to High Quality Family Planning Services
- Innovation Brief: Applying the Human-Centered Design Approach
- Innovation Brief: The Importance of Segmentation and Tailoring Messages to Constructively Engage Men and Boys in Voluntary Family Planning
- Innovation Brief: A Total Market Approach for Voluntary Family Planning Programming that Includes Social and Behavior Change Communication