Siri ya Mtungi TV Series
Siri ya Mtungi (Secrets of the Gourd) is a 13-part drama series that examines love and sexual relationships among a community of family and friends living in Dar es Salaam.
The drama tells stories of their crises and triumphs, with themes about maternal and child health, reproductive health and family planning, and other important issues woven in. The television show was a turning point for Swahilliwood – the Tanzanian film industry – as it has brought new skills and opportunities to local actors, musicians, artists and crew, and combined the magic of film with the power of education. The television series follows the characters as they grapple with issues that challenge all Tanzanians, such as family planning and concurrent sexual partnerships. The series will be released on DVD after the broadcast, dubbed in English, French and Portuguese, to enable greater reach across Africa.
More information on the television series can be found on the Siri ya Mtungi website.
Source: Johns Hopkins University Center for Communication Programs, Media for Development International (MFDI)
Date of Publication: March 25, 2019
- Community Communication MNCH e-Manual: Participatory Health Promotion Sessions
- Creative Concept Mockup Example
- Accelerator Behaviors
- The Behavior Change Framework
- Integrated SBCC Programs: Key Challenges and Promising Strategies - Webinar
- Entertainment-Education Curriculum
- HIV and Sexual and Reproductive Health Programming: Innovative Approaches to Integrated Service Delivery
- Social and Behavior Communication Change (SBCC) Implementation Kit to Support Faith-Based Organization Breastfeeding Interventions
- The Essential Package: Holistically Addressing the Needs of Young Vulnerable Children and Their Caregivers Affected by HIV and AIDS