Siri ya Mtungi [TV Series Press Kit]
This is the press kit for Siri ya Mtungi (Secrets of the Gourd), a new 13-part drama series that examines love and sexual relationships among a community of family and friends living in Dar es Salaam.
The television show was a turning point for Swahilliwood – the Tanzanian film industry – as it brought new skills and opportunities to local actors, musicians, artists and crew, combining the magic of film with the power of education. The television series follows the characters as they grapple with issues that challenge all Tanzanians, such as family planning and concurrent sexual partnerships.
The series was released on DVD after the broadcast, dubbed in English, French and Portuguese, to enable greater reach across Africa. More information on the television series can be found on the Siri ya Mtungi website. The press kit includes production photos, episode synopses, character sketches, background of the project, actor profiles, and interviews with the producers.
Source: Johns Hopkins University Center for Communication Programs, Media for Development International (MFDI)
Date of Publication: March 25, 2019
- SBCC for Malaria in Pregnancy: Strategy Development Guidance
- Community Communication MNCH e-Manual: Participatory Health Promotion Sessions
- Birth Spacing and Family Welfare Sermons
- Maternal Newborn Child Health - Nutrition Quality Improvement Tools
- Entertainment-Education Curriculum
- Private Sector Counts
- FGM: The Scope of the Problem in Graphics and Numbers
- Do Your Own Survey: How to Collect Data on FGM