What You Need to Know about VMMC [Pamphlet, Kenya]
This guide is part of the VMMC Communication Toolkit which was developed to create and sustain demand for Voluntary Male Medical Circumcision (VMMC) and reinforce that, while VMMC reduces risk for men, it does not prevent HIV and must be combined with other prevention behaviors to be effective.
The toolkit consists of communication materials, posters and pamphlets, a video, tools, a video discussion guide, a guide to working with the media, and a guide for adapting materials. The Toolkit targets affected audiences in Kenya’s Nyanza province and includes a communication guide that builds upon the national VMMC strategy.
This pamphlet is written in question and answer format, and offers basic facts about VMMC: how it is done, its safety, effectiveness, what happens after the operation, and how soon the man can have sexual intercourse afterwards.
Source: FHI 360
Date of Publication: March 25, 2019
- Community Communication MNCH e-Manual: Participatory Health Promotion Sessions
- All You Need to Know about Spurious Medicines in India: A Guidebook
- Guidance for Providing Informed-Choice Counseling on Sexual Health for Women Interested in PrEP: Kenya and South Africa
- Advocating for Change for Adolescents’ Toolkit
- PrEP Communications Accelerator
- Kenya Malaria Communication Strategy 2016-2021
- HTSP 101: Everything You Want to Know About Healthy Timing and Spacing of Pregnancy
- Girl-Centered Program Design: A Toolkit to Develop, Strengthen and Expand Adolescent Girls Programs
- Driving the HIV response: Community Guide to the WHO 2013 Consolidated Guidelines on the Use of Antiretroviral Drugs for Treating and Preventing HIV Infection
- Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC): Demand Creation Toolkit