A Message to Faith Leaders on VMMC [Leaflet, Kenya]
This leaflet is part of the VMMC Communication Toolkit which was developed to create and sustain demand for Voluntary Male Medical Circumcision (VMMC) and reinforce that, while VMMC reduces risk for men, it does not prevent HIV and must be combined with other prevention behaviors to be effective.
The toolkit consists of communication materials, posters and pamphlets, a video, tools, a video discussion guide, a guide to working with the media, and a guide for adapting materials. The Toolkit targets affected audiences in Kenya’s Nyanza province and includes a communication guide that builds upon the national VMMC strategy.
This leaflet is aimed at faith leaders in a question and answer format and deals with the following topics: speaking to the congregation, how to write a sermon about VMMC, Christian aspects of VMMC, and how VMMC works.
Source: FHI 360
Date of Publication: December 22, 2019
- Birth Spacing and Family Welfare Sermons
- Crisis and Outbreak Communication Pandemic Flu and Other Disasters
- Advocating for Change for Adolescents’ Toolkit
- Safe Ramadan Practices in the Context of the COVID-19: Interim Guidance
- Practical Guidance for Risk Communication and Community Engagement (RCCE) for Refugees, Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs), Migrants, and Host Communities Particularly Vulnerable to COVID-19 Pandemic
- Community Communication MNCH e-Manual: Participatory Health Promotion Sessions
- Social and Behavior Communication Change (SBCC) Implementation Kit to Support Faith-Based Organization Breastfeeding Interventions
- Compassion in a Time of COVID-19
- A Guide to WHO’s Guidance on COVID-19
- Religious Leaders Play Key Role in Battle against COVID-19