Circumcision Clinical Poster [Kenya]
This chart is part of the VMMC Communication Toolkit which was developed to create and sustain demand for Voluntary Male Medical Circumcision (VMMC) and reinforce that, while VMMC reduces risk for men, it does not prevent HIV and must be combined with other prevention behaviors to be effective.
The toolkit consists of communication materials, posters and pamphlets, a video, tools, a video discussion guide, a guide to working with the media, and a guide for adapting materials. The Toolkit targets affected audiences in Kenya’s Nyanza province and includes a communication guide that builds upon the national VMMC strategy.
The chart illustrates the steps in having a circumcision procedure, and shows a couple going through the steps, beginning with a consultation at the health clinic, and ending with the man recovering.
Source: FHI 360
Date of Publication: March 25, 2019
- Family Planning Discussion Topics for Voluntary Counseling and Testing
- Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision Infographic
- Community Communication MNCH e-Manual: Participatory Health Promotion Sessions
- Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC): Demand Creation Toolkit
- Guidance for Providing Informed-Choice Counseling on Sexual Health for Women Interested in PrEP: Kenya and South Africa
- Men's Health Kit
- Advocating for Change for Adolescents’ Toolkit
- VMMC Counseling Training Package
- Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision Communication Materials Adaptation Guide
- Creating Mobile Health Solutions for Behaviour Change: A Study of Eight Services in the mNutrition Initiative Portfolio