A Guide for Male Circumcision Community Mobilizers [Kenya]
This guide is part of the VMMC Communication Toolkit which was developed to create and sustain demand for Voluntary Male Medical Circumcision (VMMC) and reinforce that, while VMMC reduces risk for men, it does not prevent HIV and must be combined with other prevention behaviors to be effective.
The toolkit consists of communication materials, posters and pamphlets, a video, tools, a video discussion guide, a guide to working with the media, and a guide for adapting materials. The Toolkit targets affected audiences in Kenya’s Nyanza province and includes a communication guide that builds upon the national VMMC strategy.
The guide describes how to use the discussion cards and community drama, and offers key messages and a quiz for participants in community events.
Source: FHI 360
Date of Publication: March 25, 2019
- Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC): Demand Creation Toolkit
- Advocating for Change for Adolescents’ Toolkit
- Bringing the Community Together to Plan for Disease Outbreaks and Other Emergencies
- Community Communication MNCH e-Manual: Participatory Health Promotion Sessions
- Adolescents Living with HIV (ALHIV) Toolkit
- Driving the HIV response: Community Guide to the WHO 2013 Consolidated Guidelines on the Use of Antiretroviral Drugs for Treating and Preventing HIV Infection
- Participation Guide: Involving Those Directly Affected in Health and Development Communication Programs
- How-To Guide for a Social Network Diffusion Intervention to Overcome Social Barriers to Family Planning
- Toolkit for Transition of Care and Other Services for Adolescents Living with HIV
- Engaging Men and Boys in Gender Equality and Health Toolkit