Private Sector Malaria Prevention Ghana (PSMP)
Private Sector Malaria Preventon Ghana (PSMP) is a three-year project funded by the United Kingdom Department for International Development (DFID) and operated by the Johns Hopkins Center for Communication Programs (CCP). The purpose of the PSMP is to catalyze private sector engagement in malaria control, in particular in the supply and distribution of Long Lasting Insecticidal Nets (LLIN).
The goal of the Ghana-based Private Sector Malaria Prevention project was to get bed nets on the shelves in the country’s shops and markets. The project also tried to get the private sector to provide bed nets to their employees, pitching employers on the cost-effectiveness – fewer sick days, higher productivity – of keeping workers safe from malaria.
Malaria Safe, led by PSMP, is an initiative designed to help businesses tackle malaria as a health issue in the workplace, as well as in surrounding communities. The ultimate goal is to build a network of active companies benefiting from protecting employees and communities through Malaria Safe actions that lead to malaria-free businesses. These actions are categorized into four pillars: protection, education, visibility, and championing. The Malaria Safe Guide was developed based on best practices, resources, and experiences from government and technical experts in malaria, and businesses operating in malaria endemic African countries that are successful in their fight against malaria.
Materials from the project, reports, and case studies:
|Catalyzing the Commercial Market for LLINs in Ghana: End-line Market Analysis, 2019|
|Malaria Safe Guide|
Source: Johns Hopkins University Center for Communication Programs
Date of Publication: July 15, 2021
- SBCC for Malaria in Pregnancy: Strategy Development Guidance
- Promoting Quality Malaria Medicines Through SBCC: An Implementation Kit
- Promoting Uptake of Intermittent Preventive Treatment of Malaria in Pregnancy
- Malaria Case Management: Monitoring and Evaluation for SBCC
- Plan Stratégique National de Plaidoyer en matière de lutte contre le Paludisme (PSNPP) en Côte d'Ivoire 2018-2023
- Promoting Quality Malaria Medicine through Social and Behavior Change Communication
- Infection Control Symbol Templates
- Incorporating Net Care into Malaria Social and Behavior Change Communication Strategies: A Step-by-Step Guide
- Zika and Pregnancy: Questions and Answers
- How to Improve Access to Malaria Treatment in the Private Sector [Webinar]