Kwame & Friends: Fun with Community Mobilization
This user’s guide applies a narrative of the story of Kwame and his friends to demonstrate how the Community Action Kit can be used by community level health agents to improve health promotion in a participatory way. The Community Action Kit is made up of a Guide, Activity Cards, and Information Cards. It provides information to community health workers on how they can work with the community, engaging community members, and sharing health lessons.
The guide uses the story of Kwame and Friends to explain the process. Kwame is a young community health worker who is friendly and trusted by fellow community members. The guide walks through Kwame's training. Kwame's friends include a nurse, a teacher, and other health workers.
- Adolescents Living with HIV (ALHIV) Toolkit
- Promoting the Health of Men who Have Sex with Men Worldwide: A Training Curriculum for Providers
- Positive Connections: Leading Information and Support Groups for Adolescents Living with HIV
- Optimizing Entry Into and Retention in HIV Care and ART Adherence for PLWHA
- Toolkit for Transition of Care and Other Services for Adolescents Living with HIV
- HIV-Related Stigma and Discrimination Toolkit
- Engaging Men in HIV and AIDS at the Service Delivery Level
- Men's Reproductive Health Curriculum
- Suaahara Training Guidelines and Participant Handbooks