Country Focus: Tanzania
The Tanzania Capacity and Communication Project (TCCP) was a 5-year (2010-2016), USAID-funded project led by the Johns Hopkins Center for Communication Programs (CCP) in collaboration with Media for Development International (MFDI), CARE Tanzania, and the Tanzania Communication and Development Center (TCDC).
The USAID Tulonge Afya project, 2017-2022, promotes positive health practices in households and communities in Tanzania and targets women and youth (ages 15 to 24). Tulonge afya means “let’s talk about health” in Kiswahili.
This program, 2008-2013, implemented a comprehensive strategy for behavior change and communication to support the prevention and case management of malaria in mainland Tanzania. Specifically, COMMIT supported the NMCP’s communication strategy objectives of influencing positive behavior change among audiences through a comprehensive approach, improving the flow of information to key audiences, and through advocacy to raise the profile of malaria
ISHI was a behavior change communication campaign directed to Tanzanian youth to help them understand the risks associated with HIV/AIDS and to help them learn ways to protect themselves. The overall campaign objective was to increase the number of young men and women who believe they are at personal risk of contracting HIV/AIDS and to motivate them to adopt protective behaviors. The key message for ISHI phase II was “You cannot tell by knowing.”
In 1999 Femina Hip was set up as a civil society organization in Tanzania to foster healthy lifestyles by educating and connecting young people around sexual and reproductive health and rights as well as HIV/AIDS prevention at a precarious time of the epidemic.
Source: Johns Hopkins Center for Communication Programs
Date of Publication: October 13, 2020
- Guide de Formation Conseil Dépistage du VIH au niveau Communautaire: manuel à l'intention du personnel non médical
- The ECHO Study Report
- Creating Mobile Health Solutions for Behaviour Change: A Study of Eight Services in the mNutrition Initiative Portfolio
- Plan Stratégique National de Plaidoyer en matière de lutte contre le Paludisme (PSNPP) en Côte d'Ivoire 2018-2023
- Reaching First-Time Parents and Young Married Women for Healthy Timing and Spacing of Pregnancies in Burkina Faso
- Transforming the Private Sector to Support Universal Malaria Diagnostic Coverage
- Community Communication MNCH e-Manual: Participatory Health Promotion Sessions
- HTSP Project Briefs: Niger, Togo
- HIV and Sexual and Reproductive Health Programming: Innovative Approaches to Integrated Service Delivery
- Lever les Tabous: La sexualité et les approches promouvant l’égalité des genres pour mettre fin aux unions et aux mariages d’enfants, précoces et forcés