Radio Spots – Nepal Earthquake Recovery
HC3 Nepal developed a set of 8 health Public Service Announcements (PSA), in coordination with Suaahara and National Health Education Information Communication Center. The 15 second spots reinforce critical health behaviors including hand washing, latrine use, importance of clean water, etc.
HC3 is airing the 8 PSAs through the national radio service Radio Nepal, and local FMs in affected districts, including Kantipur FM, which has nation-wide coverage.
The English translation of the spots follows:
- Only use boiled water or water treated with Chlorine like Piyush or Aqua tab for drinking and cooking. Keep the drinking water covered.
- Only breast feed child below the age of 6 month, mother’s milk consists of complete nutrition along with the required water.
- Only defecate in the toilet and make others do the same. Also dispose children’s stool in the toilet. Wash hands thoroughly with soap and water after cleaning stool.
- Wash hands thoroughly with soap and water before touching the food, feeding the child, after touching waste and after cleaning stool.
- If a child has three or more watery stool then give the child ORS and zinc Tablet. If the diarrhea is not controlled then take them to the nearest health camp or health facility.
- Cover nose and mouth with clean cloth while coughing and sneezing. If a child has fever, has difficulty breastfeeding, has irregular breathing, has chest indrawing then immediately take the child to closest health facility.
- Bury or burn household waste in deep ditch.
- Support the continuation of treatment of people having long-term illness and people who take regular medication.
Source: Johns Hopkins Center for Communication Programs and Nepal Ministry of Health and Population
Date of Publication: March 25, 2019
- Promoting Quality Malaria Medicine through Social and Behavior Change Communication
- Community Communication MNCH e-Manual: Participatory Health Promotion Sessions
- The Future of Malaria Social and Behavior Change Communication
- Guide to Strategic Communication Online
- The Infection Control Symbol Package
- Men's Health Kit
- Promoting Quality Malaria Medicines Through SBCC: An Implementation Kit
- Prevention of Sexual Transmission of Zika Virus
- Infection Control Symbol Templates
- Suaahara Training Guidelines and Participant Handbooks