Aama ko Maya (Mother’s Love) Promo Certificates
Suaahara was a five year (2011-2016) project funded by USAID aimed to improve the nutritional status of women and children in 41 districts of Nepal. The project focused on improving health and nutrition behaviors at the household level through promotion of Essential Nutrition and Hygiene Actions (EN/HA), particularly Maternal, Infant and Young Child Nutrition (MIYCN), and addressing other determinants of under-nutrition, such as availability of and access to food, hygiene, quality of health care, child spacing and socio-cultural factors including gender and marginalization.
Suaahara was implemented by a consortium of partner organizations led by Save the Children.
The SBCC strategy established an internal quality materials review and production system to ensure that all partners in the consortium had mutually reinforcing, quality materials developed, pretested, produced and disseminated to the end user.
Under the implementation of Bhanchhin Aama campaign, various community-based activities – Key life events, Ideal Families, Tasty Food competitions, Folk Song Competitions and Radio Quiz programs were the successfully implemented activities. In order to reinforce the key messages the program presented “Aama ko Maya” (mother’s love) Token of Love Certificates to 1000 days families. ‘Aama ko Maya’ certificates were provided for 3 different regions – Hill, Mountain and Terai where Suaahara was working. The file attached contains examples of all of the certificates.
Source: Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health/ Center for Communication Programs
Date of Publication: March 25, 2019
- Suaahara Training Guidelines and Participant Handbooks
- GESI Toolkit
- Maternal Newborn Child Health - Nutrition Quality Improvement Tools
- Suaahara Health Facility Operation and Management Committee Capacity Building Training and Operation Guidelines
- Community Communication MNCH e-Manual: Participatory Health Promotion Sessions
- Promoting Quality Malaria Medicine through Social and Behavior Change Communication
- The Future of Malaria Social and Behavior Change Communication
- Guide to Strategic Communication Online
- Malaria Case Management: Monitoring and Evaluation for SBCC
- SBCC for Malaria in Pregnancy: Strategy Development Guidance