The Monday Campaigns
The Monday Campaigns is a non-profit public health initiative associated with Johns Hopkins, Columbia and Syracuse universities that dedicates the first day of every week to health. Every Monday, individuals and the private sector join together to commit to the healthy behaviors that can help end chronic preventable diseases.
The group helps private sector and public sector organizations incorporate the Monday concept into their own health promotion programs by providing free research, creative materials, case studies and ready-to-scale programs. It supports individuals through consumer websites and social media with weekly recipes, tips and resources that can help them live healthier week after week.
The Monday movement has grown to include an array of schools and universities, businesses, communities, nonprofit and government organizations, and media outlets. Some utilize the campaign’s free resources while others create their own programs. Organizations contact the group if they want to incorporate the Monday concept into their own programs and/or collaborate with The Monday Campaigns and their partners to develop and disseminate evidence-based models.
The campaign also includes Workplace Wellness, which guides companies to create wellness programs for their employees.
Here is a list of the various Monday campaigns
- Entertainment-Education Curriculum
- A Multi-Sector Approach to Preventing Violence
- mHealth Mobile Messaging Toolkit: Considerations When Selecting a Mobile Messaging Platform Vendor
- The Infection Control Symbol Package
- Promoting Quality Malaria Medicines Through SBCC: An Implementation Kit
- Multi-Sector Partnerships for Preventing Violence
- SBCC for Malaria in Pregnancy: Strategy Development Guidance
- A Guide to Successful Public-Private Partnerships for Youth Programs
- Malaria Case Management: Monitoring and Evaluation for SBCC
- From Evidence to Practice: Workplace Wellness that Works