Kids against Malaria Videos
Kids Against Malaria uses music and film to reach out to the global population at risk from malaria. The project was inspired by a song written with students at the International Center of Art and Music at Ouidah (CIAMO) of Art & Music in Benin.
The song, a triumphant call to defeat malaria, motivated CIAMO cofounder Sarah duPont and filmmaker/musician Jon Fine to engage UNESCO Goodwill Ambassador and 3 time Grammy winner Angélique Kidjo in the project. Together, they conceived a transmedia project for radio, TV and online to amplify the message of the song.
Kids Against Malaria was designed to cover a wide range of information about how malaria is transmitted and how to ensure protection. More than 50 people were involved in creating the project and over 100 students participated from CIAMO school of Art and music. Renowned musicians including CIAMO’s executive director Oscar Kidjo, Antibalas, Logozo, Gangbe Brass Band and filmmakers from the ISMA Film Program in Benin joined in alongside Kidjo and the students to make it a success.
Source: Kids Against Malaria
Date of Publication: August 16, 2021
- SBCC for Malaria in Pregnancy: Strategy Development Guidance
- COVID-19 Communication Materials for the Americas
- ITN Access Indicator Snapshot
- IPC for Immunization Toolkit
- Prevention of Sexual Transmission of Zika Virus
- Social and Behavior Change for Insecticide-Treated Nets
- Promoting Quality Malaria Medicines Through SBCC: An Implementation Kit
- Incorporating Net Care into Malaria Social and Behavior Change Communication Strategies: A Step-by-Step Guide
- Harnessing the Power of Videos
- Promoting Quality Malaria Medicine through Social and Behavior Change Communication